Playing Favorites/Being Versatile
I’ve been sitting on this long enough. Some may recall, from my Good News/Bad News Day, that I was awarded the Liebster Blogger Award by the Cosy Creative (and that, coincidentally, on the same day at the same time, I was passing the “Kreative Blogger Award” on to her). Well, the time has come to officially thank Cosy and spread the love. So, thank you kindly, Cosy Creative; your blog is both cozy and creative—and charming, as well—and I invite everyone to visit at
As I understand it, this award is for blogs that have less than 200 followers. The rules are straightforward:
- Thank your Liebster Blog presenter on your blog.
- Link back to your awarder’s site.
- Copy and paste the award onto your blog
- Nominate 3-5 bloggers for the award.
- Inform them by leaving a comment on their blog.
As Liebster is the German word for “favorite,” this award goes to personal favorite blogs. I admit, that’s what been holding me up, because choosing faves has been difficult. I must say that my #1 favorite blog belongs to Lorna of Lorna’s Tearoom Delights, but she was already named someone’s Liebster months ago (and she has oodles of other awards as well) but as it happened…
I was just presented with the Versatile Blogger Award by Assia, of
, and I was presented with it again by Becky of
. So thank you, kindly, Assia and Becky—I am honored to accept this, especially from you two, as you each have blogs that I admire. (And Lorna, you’re getting another award!)
The rules for the Versatile Blogger are about the same as for the Liebster, except that there are no “follower” limits, and I am required to tell you seven more things about myself. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who awarded you and link back to that blog in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers whose blogs you enjoy reading.
- Write to those bloggers you have nominated to let them know about the award.
Now I get to play favorites, for blogs with less than 200 followers (although I’m not exactly sure of the followers-count for all of these):
Becky has a fun and refreshing site, which she describes as a home and garden journal.
This is a beautiful blog, beautifully written, that is filled with sweet creations—most of them involving butter, sugar, and flowers. The recipes are original and clever!
A visit to this blog is like a Sunday picnic.
—delightful descriptions of tearooms in Scotland.
T.B.M. ‘s personal challenge of visiting 192 countries, reading 1001 books, and watching 100 movies.
–wholesome farm-to-table recipes from a wholesome Welsh mother of twins.
–she has a background in costume and theatre design and is currently going to culinary school–this girl is truly versatile!
An Austrian woman living in Boston blogs about books.
–the mother of three boys, two of them twins, shares daily musings, inspirational thoughts, and photography.
— a peek into daily life in Denmark.
A few things versatile and a few favorites:
- While in college, I learned to rappel—and actually did rappel from a mountain… once.
- I am a certified scuba diver.
- I was the general contractor when we built our house.
- I am growing vegetables at my mailbox.
- My favorite flower is an iris.
- My favorite color is blue. (Can you tell?)
- Among my favorite people are my four children and my husband (we’ll be married 24 years this June ).
I came into the blogger world against my better judgment and techno-capabilities (as revealed by my clunky links—still so much to learn!), but I have really enjoyed being a part of this world, thanks to the wonderful insights and info and photography that all of you bloggers out there share. So to all of you bloggers: Well done!