Good News/Bad News Day
This has been a good news/bad news day.
- Good news: I got a terrific surprise when I checked my email this morning and found that I was nominated for the “Kreativ Blogger Award” by Lorna of www.tearoomdelights.com . Thank you kindly, Lorna; you do have a most delightful blog, indeed.
- Bad news: I couldn’t figure out how to make the award show up on my blog. (Maybe I was jumping the gun, but I was pretty darn excited about this award and I really did want to figure out how to do it.)
- Good news: I sent my abundant gratitude to Lorna and started to peruse the sites of other bloggers to whom I might want to bestow this illustrious award.
- Bad news: My internet shut down.
- Good news: I rebooted all of the appropriate items, got things up and running, and figured out how to make the picture of the award show up on my blog. (I was determined.)
- Bad news: My internet shut down again.
- Good news: I did three loads of laundry and got the internet going again.
- Bad news: The internet shut down again.
- Good news: I cleaned a load of trash from my twins’ bedroom, after crawling under their desk for a third time to reboot.
- Bad news: Do I have to tell you?
- Good news: I called the server to express my extreme displeasure. Customer service walked me through additional steps, involving crawling beneath the desk again and unscrewing wires from walls and routers. My computer sprang back to life and informed me that the charming “Cosy Creative” nominated me for the “Liebster Blogger Award.” Wow!
- Bad news: She was not able to receive my sincere thanks, because my internet shut down as I was emailing my reply to her.
- Good news: There was one last piece of delicious applewood smoked salmon in my fridge, which was home-smoked by my friend Diana of Diana’s Specialties. So I had that for lunch on a bed of arugula.
- Bad news: I have a toothache.
- Good news: I received two awards today!
For this, I am to:
- Thank the nominating blogger and provide a link to that blog. Done.
- Spread the love by nominating seven other bloggers, include their links here, and notify them.
- Tell you seven interesting things about myself.
These things I can finally do now, because my internet is working again, at last.
The bloggers (in no particular order):
- The Cosy Creative http://thecosycreative.wordpress.com/about/ (Honestly, I was preparing to send her this award while she was sending me the other.)
- Life in Kawagoe http://cocomino.wordpress.com/ — a sweet blog about daily life in Japan.
- Jana’s Thinking Place http://janasthinkingplace.com/ — a savvy blog by a savvy blogger.
- Essence of Dubrovnik http://essenceofdubrovnik.com/ — as my blogroll states, a beautiful site about the wonders of Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- RennaisanceRules http://renaissancerules.wordpress.com/about/ — an erudite blog done by a true scholar, just for a change of pace.
- Eggton http://eggton.com/ — exactly as she says: salty wit and a sweet tooth.
- Assia’s Kaleidoscope http://assiaskaleidoscope.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/these-are-a-few-of-my-favourite-things/ –gorgeous photography, delicious recipes, and charming copy.
The facts (in case you feel like you need to know more about me than you already know):
- I play the flute (although I haven’t picked it up in years).
- In high school, I traveled with my school jazz band to Recife, Brazil.
- I remember how to say two things in Portuguese, “My name is Robin,” and “pineapple.”
- I was a First Class Girl Scout.
- While in scouting, I flew in a glider plane and hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in Georgia, and parts of the Carolinas (not all at the same time).
- Demonstrating that you can’t take the scout out of the girl, I spent a weekend canoeing through the Okefenokee Swamp with seven men (though, one of them was my husband).
- I did BRAG (Bike Ride Across Georgia).
Now, you newly awarded bloggers– congratulations, and go forth and BRAG, too!